Dr. Brandie Wagner is an associate professor in the Department of Biostatistics & Informatics, the co-director of the MS & PhD Biostatistics Program, and co-director of the Colorado Summer Institute for Biostatistics (CoSIBS).
Dr. Wagner's contributions include both collaborative and methodological research. She has worked closely with investigators both on and off campus in many different application areas. Her research interests are to develop and apply statistical methods in the areas of proteomics/biomarker development, microbiome data analysis and joint models. All of her methodological research thus far has been motivated by collaborations and she has contributed to the advancement of statistical knowledge in each of these areas.
Areas of Expertise
- Methodological development and application of joint models
- Proteomic biomarker development
- Non-normal longitudinal data analysis
Education, Licensure & Certifications
- PhD, Biostatistics, University of Colorado, 2007
- MS, Biostatistics, University of Colorado, 2006
- BA, Chemistry, Metropolitan State College of Denver, 2003
- Inducted into Alpha Upsilon chapter of the Delta Omega Society, Honorary Society in Public Health, 2017
- Special Contribution Award for efforts beyond the scope of duties, VA Office of Patient Care Services, 2010
- Member, International Biometric Society (IBS)
- Member, American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Member, DSMB Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics
- Treasurer, Western North American Region of IBS
- NIH/NHLBI, Physiological Phenotyping of Respiratory Outcomes in Infants Born Premature. March 2019-February 2023. Role: Co-I
- NIH/NHLBI, The Colorado Summer Institute for Biostatistics (CoSIBS). April 2019- March 2021. Role: CPI; Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Microbiome Core. April 2020-March 2024. Role: Co-I
- NIH/NHLBI, The Microbiome, virome, and host responses preceding ventilator-associated pneumonia. July 2014-June 2019. Role: Co-I
Publications and Presentations
- Mourani PM, Sontag MK, Williamson KM, Harris JK, Reeder R, Locandro C, Carpenter TC, Maddux AB, Ziegler K, Simões EAF, Osborne CM, Ambroggio L, Leroue MK, Robertson CE, Langelier C, DeRisi JL, Kamm J, Hall MK, Zuppa AF, Carcillo J, Meert K, Sapru A, Pollack MM, McQuillen P, Notterman DA, Dean JM, Wagner BD. Temporal Airway Microbiome Changes Related to Ventilator Associated Pneumonia in Children. European Respiratory Journal. In Press.
- Harris JK, Wagner BD, Zemanick ET, Robertson CE, Stevens MJ, Heltshe SL, Rowe SM, Sagel SD, GOAL investigators of the CFFTDN. Changes in Airway Microbiome and Inflammation with Ivacaftor Treatment in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis and the G551D Mutation. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2020:17(2):212-220
- Mikulich-Gilbertson SK, Wagner BD, Grunwald GK, Riggs PD, Zerbe GO. On Using Empirical Bayes Predictors from Generalized Linear Mixed Models to Test and Visualize associations among Longitudinal Outcomes. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 2019:28(5):1399-1411. Wagner BD, Harris JK, Zerbe GO, Mikulich-Gilbertson SK, Robertson CE, Zemanick ET. On the use of diversity measures in longitudinal studies of microbial communities. Frontiers Microbiology. 2018:9:1037
- Wagner BD, Kroehl M, Gan R, Mikulich-Gilbertson SK, Sagel SD, Riggs PD, Brown T, Snell-Bergeon J, Zerbe GO. A Multivariate Generalized Linear Model Approach to Mediation Analysis and Application of Confidence Ellipses. Statistics in Biosciences. 2018. 10(1):139-159.