Andrew MacFarland is a senior professional research assistant at the Colorado School of Public Health.
Areas of Expertise
- Public Health
- Community and Behavioral Health
- Violence Prevention
- Substance Misuse Prevention
- Firearm Safety
Education, Licensure & Certifications
- Master of Criminal Justice (MCJ), University of Colorado Denver, School of Public Affairs, 2013.
- CDPHE, Systems of Support for Colorado Coalitions Organizing for Prevention. July 2021-June 2026. Role: Assistant Director of Research and Evaluation
Publications and Presentations
- Kingston, B., Smokowski, P. R., MacFarland, A., Evans, C. B., Pampel, F., Mercado, M. C., ... & Spies, E. L. (2020). Testing the Nurturing Environments Framework on Youth Violence Across Ethnically and Geographically Diverse Urban and Rural Samples of Adolescents. Youth & Society, 0044118X19900904.