Because we value participatory research, we engage in a collaborative process involving community, state, and national partners to inform decisions on the overall direction and scope of the Center, as well as on the project level.
Representing the community of the San Luis Valley, the Community Advisory Board (CAB) partners in leadership with the Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center by identifying community needs and concerns; providing input on research design and implementation;
providing input on communication and dissemination activities; recommending project specific team members; and acting as a liaison with our partner community.
- Helen Lester, Retired, previously Chief Nursing Officer, SLV Regional Medical Center, Current Chair, Member since 2002
- Courtney Arthur, Rio Grande County Victim's Advocate, Member since 2020
- Suzanne De Vore, Accountant, Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc., Member since 2004
- Julie Geiser, Employed with 12th Judicial District Court, Retired Director of Alamosa Department of Public Health, Member since 2002
- Don Hanna, Director, PALS Children’s Program, CDC PRC Community Committee Member, Current Chair-elect, Member since 2019
- Lisa Lucero, San Luis Valley Area Health Education Center, Member since 2019
- Theresa Rudder, Retired, previously Regional Care Coordinator Health Care Program for Children with Special Needs, Member since 2002
- Antonio Sandoval, Retired Teacher/Administrator, Member since 2008
- Helen Sigmond, Alamosa County Commissioner, Member since 2016
- Sherri Valdez, Executive Director, Early Childhood Council of the San Luis Valley, Member since 2019