AIANMHR publishes new issue of the journalMar 6, 2022
CAIANH is pleased to announce a new issue of the journal, American Indian and Alaska Native Mental Health Research. The latest issue explores many issues related to American Indian and Alaska Native peoples, utilizing a variety of methodologies and capturing important perspectives from Native peoples and researchers.
The issue includes:
- An evaluation of a pilot study of a culturally grounded after-school program and the impact of the program on cultural identity, self-esteem, and resilience for urban Indigenous adolescents
- Analysis of the relationship between perceived racial/ethnic discrimination and depressive symptoms among adolescents living in the Cherokee Nation
- An evaluation of a culturally oriented art therapy curriculum and its impact on resilience, stress, and mood for AI youth
- A qualitative study looking at the role of social support in management of diabetes among AIs
- A scoping review of the research on the health impact of Native-themed mascots and AI/ANs
If interested in publishing in the journal, please follow the instructions or reach out to Sara Mumby, Journal Manager, for questions or guidance.