Sheana Salyers Bull is a tenured professor and past chair of the Department of Community & Behavioral Health at the Colorado School of Public Health. Dr. Bull has substantive experience leading digital education initiatives including designing and implementing the first online MPH program at ColoradoSPH and developing and teaching fully online graduate level courses and programs.
Education, Licensure & Certifications
- PhD, Sociology, Georgia State University, 1997
- MPH, Population Studies, Tulane University School of Public Health, 1992
- BA, International Relations, University of California Davis, 1987
- Latino Research and Policy Center Tim Byers Mentoring Excellence Award, Colorado School of Public Health, 2018
- Fellow, Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM) Program for Women, 2018
- Outstanding Mentor Award, University of Colorado Denver & Anschutz Medical Campus, 2017
- Lawrence W. Green Paper of the Year Award for the publication of “From Foucault to Freire Through Facebook: Toward an Integrated Theory of mHealth” in Health Education & Behavior. Society of Public Health Education (SOPHE), 2017
- CBHS 6611: Foundations of Health Behavior
- Evaluation of automated text messaging to support medication refill reminders: The Nudge Study (grant supported by National Heart Lung and Blood Institute)
- Evaluation of an enhanced mobile application to support rehabilitation for cardiac patients (grant supported by National Heart Lung and Blood Institute)
- Promoting healthy pregnancy among American Indian/Alaska Native Health (grant funding from the National Institute of Mental Health)
Publications and Presentations
- Daly, K., Bull, S., Thomas, D. 2020. Health Worker Acceptability of an mHealth Platform to Facilitate and Document Delivery of Option B/B+ Protocol for the Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV in Tanzania. Digital Health. In Press.; Portz, J.D., Ford, K., Elsbernd, K., Plys, E., Bekelman, D.B., Boxer, R.S., Bull, S. Elements of Family, Social Relationships, and Caregiving in Palliative Care mHealth: A Scoping Review. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. In press.
- Ford, K.*, Dunn, T., Crawford, K., Neuwirth, J., Albritton, T., Bull, S. 2019. A Paid Advertising Approach to Youth Study Recruitment using Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook. Journal of Medical Internet Research. In Press.
- Domek, G., Contreras, I., O’Leary, S., Bull, S., Furniss, A., Kempe, A., Asturias, E. 2019. Text message reminders to improve infant vaccination coverage in Guatemala: A pilot randomized controlled trial. Vaccine. 34(21):2437-2443. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2016.03.065
- Ford, K.*, Portz, J., Moore, S., Shuo, Z., Xiang, X., Zane, R., Wiler, J. Gore, M., Bull, S. 2019. Advancing evidence-based digital health through an innovative research environment: An academic-industry partnership case report. mHealth. doi: 10.21037/mhealth.2019.08.08
- Gamboa, J.,* Bull, S., Lamb, M., De La Cruz, P., Olsen, D. 2019. Using Social Media to increase preventive behaviors against arboviral diseases: A pilot study among teens in the Dominican Republic. mHealth. 27; 5:30. http://dx.doi.org/10.21037/mhealth.2019.07.03
- Bull, S. Ybarra, M., Prescott, T., Mustanski, B., Parsons, J. 2019. Feasibility, acceptability, and process indicators for Guy2Guy, an mHealth HIV prevention program for sexual minority adolescent boys. Journal of Adolescent Health. 65(3):417-22. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2019.04.025