Theresa Mickiewicz currently oversees all data systems in support of CEPEG's evaluation and reporting activities. Theresa is an experienced evaluator at the intersection of public health, research, and clinical care with a demonstrated ability to lead large-scale projects from planning, through results and recommendations. Theresa has been and remains honored to work with many talented public health professionals, coalescing around our collective goal of health and happiness for all Coloradoans. Her current role at CEPEG has allowed a return to her original passion: disrupting the tobacco industry's cunning and egregious efforts to addict the most vulnerable in our communities.
Areas of Expertise
- Tobacco and chronic disease prevention
- Data systems
Education, Licensure & Certifications
- MSPH, Public Health, University of Colorado, 2004
- BS, Biology, Chemistry minor, Salem State University, 1986
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Colorado Health, Exposures, and Smoking Survey, September, 2022 - December, 2023. Role: Data Manager and Investigator
Publications and Presentations
- Associations of Adolescent Weight Status and Meeting National Obesity-Related Recommendations. Cook JA, McCormick EV, Mickiewicz TE, Davidson AJ, Main DS. J Sch Health. 2017 Dec;87(12):923-931. doi: 10.1111/josh.12564.
- Public Health Quality Improvement Exchange. Implement a Systematic Process to Deliver and Document a Brief Tobacco Cessation Intervention to All Clients Seeking Family Planning and Sexual Health Services in the Denver Metro Health Clinic. Mickiewicz, T. 11/07/2013 - 15:22.
- Evaluation of an online partner notification program. Rietmeijer CA, Westergaard B, Mickiewicz TA, Richardson D, Ling S, Sapp T, Jordan R, Wilmoth R, Kachur R, McFarlane M. Sex Transm Dis. 2011 May;38(5):359-64.
- Prevalence of high-risk HPV types and abnormal cervical cytology in American Indian/Alaska Native women, 2003-2005. Alfonsi GA, Datta SD, Mickiewicz T, Koutsky LA, Ghanem K, Hagensee M, Kerndt P, Hsu K, Weinstock H, Shlay JC. Public Health Rep. 2011 May-Jun;126(3):330-7.
- Reducing underage cigarette sales in an isolated community: The effect on adolescent cigarette supplies. Preventive Medicine, Volume 45, Issue 6, December 2007, Pages 447-453. Levinson AH, Mickiewicz, T.